Thursday, February 6, 2014

Check out this old bag who is a 96 year old celebrity painter.

Denver Post-"From the beginning, I had prayed this wouldn't be just a hobby, something to occupy my time, but a way to glorify God and I never dreamt this," said Barron, who's lived at the retirement community Vi in Highlands Ranch for five years. "I think all the publicity I had is his way of getting glory from it because that was my aim."
Barron has been a celebrity at the retirement community, where she lives in independent living. Two years ago, she decided to take an art appreciation class at Vi because that's something she hadn't done. She discovered that not only could she paint, but she was pretty good at it.
Jean Barron, 96, paints a picture of the Maroon Bells Jan. 31, 2014, at the Vi senior living community in Highlands Ranch.
Jean Barron, 96, paints a picture of the Maroon Bells Jan. 31, 2014, at the Vi senior living community in Highlands Ranch. (Anya Semenoff, YourHub)
While she was painting the first of the 40 pieces she's done, she didn't think her work looked very good. But when she was done, she stood back and said she didn't think it was bad for a beginner. She said she's surprised by all this.
She said it became a passion after the second or third painting, and her art teacher was so impressed she started showing her pieces in the community newsletter.


My girl Jean! painting nature, breaking hearts and snappin dicks at 96. Girl has it all, artistic, church going girl, gets you senior discounts left and right. Goes to bed at sunset. Sounds perfect. Lets not be fooled by the so called 'age.' 96 is the new 72. Practically a post grad. You know shes rocking Matlock watching old man weiner like you read about. This Bob Ross skank has me convinced now, more than ever that I need to marry into money. Hot, old , artistic money. I'd be living that pampered life like Chappelle when he married Oprah. You think I'm above being a stay at home 'dad'? (can't have kids with a 96 year old, don't be gross.) I'm above being a stay at home dad like I'm above watching the muppets movies on repeat. (i'm not). So Jean, put your dancin' teeth in. You and I are going to hit the town at 3 PM at the Country Kitchen Buffet and let it go like its 1899. 

I see people painting these absurdly detailed nature pictures while I sit here blogging in my underpants and contemplate working out. Makes me think maybe I could have done more.....nah fuck that.

No comments:

Post a Comment